What to do in Perth Western Australia
Our amazing BKB Holiday's product department staff member was sent on a Wonder Out West Mega Familiarisation and here is the result...
Day 1 Checked into Parmelia Hilton Hotel for an overnight stay - of course you can stay longer if you would like to explore the city of Perth, shop or head up to Kings Park.
There are many Perth hotels to choose from. Contact us at BKB Holidays for more options.
Day 2 Matagarup Bridge Zip and Climb (72m above the Swan River, 400m Zip-line up to 75km/h, family owned and operated, fun activity to add on to Perth stay, free photos included, mobility impaired experiences are in developmen). Kayaking with Salt & Bush Eco Tours (Salt and Bush Eco Tours: offer guided nature tours (bushland and waterways: bush walk, kayak tour, bird-watching, or geology tour), very knowledgeable and passionate tour guides, you will enjoy the tandem kayaks, they are using foot peddled kayaks which are very stable and easy to use and have no noise disturbance as the fins are under water, therefore bird/wildlife is not disturbed). Seafood Cruise with Mandurah Cruises (amazing food and service, cruising around the canals and waterways with a glass of wine while your seafood feast is prepared in front of your eyes, great experience. Overnight at the Sebel Mandurah as an example. Other accommodation available. Contact BKB Holidays.
Day 3 Mandurah Visitor Centre (convenient location and best point of contact for everything regarding the city's restaurants, craft and souvenir shops, art galleries and cultural buildings, waterways, next door to e-bike hire shop). Visit & lunch at Millbrook Winery, then tour of the Fremantle Prison (the largest convict built structure in WA, most intact convict establishment in the nation, surprising fact: the prison only closed down in 1991 & opened to the public in 1992, offering a variety of different tours, very scary stories around true crimes. Overnight at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges.
Day 4 Rottnest Island day (SeaLink to / Rottnest Express from), e-bike hire from Pedal & Flipper (Rottnest Island is a favourite day trip or extended stay for Western Australians. It's a must go to!). Overnight at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle by Rydges (top location, right in the heart of Fremantle, beautiful building, main entrance & lobby feel very open and like “the place to be”, lounge bar, lobby, atrium, clean & spacious rooms).
Day 5 Perth Street Art walking tour with Oh Hey WA (offer different themed walking tours in Perth, great way to explore the city and learn about the street art, knowledgeable and fun tour guide). Visit The Bell Tower, Hightea, then a highlights tour of the WA Museum Boola Bardip (boola bardop means many stories Whadjuk Nyoongar which is a very appropriate name for this museum, you can spend days there learning about culture, history, science and many stories WA has to tell, the entry is still free, highly recommended to visit. Overnight Fraser Suites Perth.
- The Peninsula Mandurah: newly refurbished, overlooking the water (dolphins pass by regularly), great food & beverage at affordable price, have a beer garden, relaxed & casual atmosphere, modern Australian menu, seasonal ala carte menu, plus daily specials, and full table service
- Boundary Island Brewery (Mandurah): great beer, beautiful food and a great atmosphere summer or winter, by the water overlooking Boundary Island, offer breakfast, lunch and dinner using all local ingredients where possible, not only great beer also wines and cocktails on offer.
- Millbrook Winery (Jarrahdale): seasonal menu using produce from the garden and locally-sourced meat and fish, award-winning winery and restaurant, 50 mins southeast of Perth, beautiful setting with great views of the jarrah forest, excellent service, meals paired with wine.
- Tonic + Ginger (Fremantle): South East Asian fusion, situation within The Old Synagogue, great atmosphere & décor, highly recommended to take the feed me menu and go on a culinary journey you won’t forget!, great flavours, very friendly and quick service.
- Emily Taylor (Fremantle): Asian fusion, hidden gem (literally! Unseen from the street Emily Taylor can be found just behind the Fremantle Markets), lively, cosy atmosphere, plates made to share, vibrant food, great experience.
If you would like to see Perth and surrounds, the best place to start is with BKB Holidays. Our friendly staff are ready to assist you with accommodation and tours.
Call our General Public phone number for bookings or information - 1300 357 057